Sunset Overdrive 2 Could Happen With the Right Publisher

Insomniac CEO Ted Price has once again explained that his company is open to making a sequel to Sunset Overdrive, but would "need a partner for that".

Speaking on Insomniac's Twitch stream, Price was asked whether any of the studio's owned IP could make a return:

"Sunset

is something that I know a lot of our fans talk about wanting to see the sequel," he responded. "We need a partner for that. That's a big game; Sunset 2 would be a very large-scope game."

He continued by explaining that because the company wholly owns the IP, a new publisher could mean a sequel would appear across multiple platforms, moving away from the first game's Xbox One exclusivity.

Continue reading…

Sonic Forces’ Switch Demo Has a 1-Minute Time Limit

A demo for Sonic Forces has made its way to the Japanese Nintendo eShop ahead of its release next month, but it leaves much to be desired.

As GameXplain discovered, the demo offers three stages to play, but players will struggle to finish any of the levels - after 60 seconds of playtime the game fades out and plays a cutscene before booting you back to the menu screen. Kind of incredibly, that cutscene is longer than the amount of time you're allowed to actually play.

You can only download the preview on the Japanese eShop, which involves creating a new Nintendo Account for the region - find out how to do that with our guide.

Continue reading…

Bungie Admits Some Destiny 2 PC Players “Banned In Error”

Bungie has admitted that some players of Destiny 2 on PC had been "banned in error" and has overturned those decisions.

Yesterday, we saw multiple reports that Destiny 2 PC players were being banned en masse from the game, with no explanation given as to why.

In a security update following the outcry, Bungie attempted to explain its banning process, saying that bans were applied to around 400 players "who were using tools that pose a threat to the shared ecosystem of the game".

Continue reading…

Justice League: New IMAX Poster Debut

Ahead of the film's debut next month, a new IMAX poster for Justice League has been revealed.

Check out the poster below, which provides a colorful look at Wonder Woman, Batman, The Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman, and bears the tagline "Stronger together in IMAX."

JusticeLeague-IMAX-poster-1 Justice League IMAX poster

Justice League opens in IMAX theaters on November 17, and the domestic IMAX release will be shown exclusively in IMAX 2D.

Continue reading…

Tom Hardy’s Venom Will Be Performance Captured, Says Andy Serkis

Tom Hardy's performance as Venom in the upcoming Spider-Man spinoff will reportedly be done through performance capture, according to an actor well-versed in the field.

Andy Serkis, speaking with Yahoo! UK about his performance capture work, said Hardy is using the technology for a role.

"Acting is acting, and the more actors – like Steve Zahn… and Karin Konoval who plays Maurice in War For The Planet of the Apes – the more A-list actors that come on board, like Mark Rylance playing The BFG, or a lot of actors in the new Marvel films… Tom Hardy is playing a new character using performance capture," Serkis told Yahoo.

Continue reading…

Rick and Morty Killed a Character in an Old Spice Ad

Rick and Morty killed off a beloved side character, but you wouldn't have noticed it in the show, as the death happened in an ad.

In a bit of sponsored content to promote Old Spice, the character of Butter Bot meets its untimely demise in an Old Spice ad.

During the commercial, Rick bursts into Morty's bedroom to "sell out" by promoting Old Spice deodorant spray. Large sentient cans of Old Spice start trashing Morty's room, and one of them picks up Butter Bot and throws it into the mouth of another can. Meanwhile, Rick blithely counts the cash he made for shilling Old Spice.

The Adult Swim show from Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland has never been conventional, and that certainly is the case here. For those who aren't familiar with Butter Bot, it first appeared in the cold open of the season two episode "Something Ricked This Way Comes."

Continue reading…

Anime Execs Weigh in on Netflix’s Impact on the Industry

Netflix is making a big push to get more involved in the anime business, which several members of the industry believe is having a positive impact on anime production.

"Lately the media has been bashing the anime industry over working conditions; the TV stations have been reporting on it, but they're a big culprit," Joseph Chou—who serves as a producer at Toei Animation on the recently announced Netflix original anime series Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya—told The Hollywood Reporter.

Continue reading…

Deathstroke Movie Might Have Found Its Director

The Raid filmmaker Gareth Evans may direct a standalone Deathstroke movie.

TheWrap reports Evans is in early talks to write and direct the film, which would star Joe Manganiello as the DC Comics assassin. Warner Bros. and DC executives were reportedly impressed by the director's pitch for the film.

IGN can confirm the talks are early because the project is still in early development.

Deathstroke was originally supposed to appear in Ben Affleck's The Batman film. However, after Affleck stepped down as director and War for the Planet of the Apes filmmaker Matt Reeves took over the project, Reeves reportedly shelved Affleck's script.

Continue reading…

GoT Star Says Unaired Pilot ‘Made a Lot of Mistakes’

Jon Snow himself Kit Harington has some shed light on why Game of Thrones' unaired pilot had to be entirely re-shot.

In an interview with The Guardian, Harington said the pilot, which featured several different actors in some of the main roles, had to be scrapped because it did not quite nail the tone and feel of George R. R. Martin's fantasy novels.

"They made a lot of mistakes. It didn’t look right, didn’t feel right, had nothing different about it," Harington said. According to the actor, Jon Snow was clean-shaven at first, and Harington had to wear a wig.

Continue reading…