Team Keeping Old Battlefield Games Running Told to Stop
Revive Network, a service keeping old Battlefield games alive via its own multiplayer servers, has been asked by EA to "stop distributing and using their intellectual property."
In a post on its website (via Kotaku), Revive explained it will comply with EA's request and immediately disable all file downloads.
"Electronic Arts Inc.'
legal team has contacted us and nicely asked us to stop distributing and using their intellectual property," the post explains. "As diehard fans of the franchise, we will respect these stipulations."
Sony to Announce 7 New Games at Paris Games Week
This coming Monday, October 30, Sony will announce seven new titles at Paris Games Week 2017.
While the PlayStation Media Showcase doesn't begin until 9am PT/12pm ET/5pm UK (October 31 at 3am AET), Sony will hold an "introductory livestream featuring 21 game updates, including seven all-new game announcements for PS4 and PSVR" the hour prior, according to a post on PlayStation Blog.
Meanwhile, the Media Showcase itself will provide an "exclusive new look at the next wave of huge PlayStation titles." According to Sony, "E3 was only half the story."
Resident Evil 7 Doubled Average Time People Spent in PSVR
Resident Evil 7 singlehandedly contributed a large amount of total PlayStation VR use among players.
In an interview with Engadget, a Sony representative revealed Capcom's latest horror game turned out be quite the success in PSVR. Before Resident Evil 7 launched in January 2017, the average play time session in PSVR was around 25 minutes. Resident Evil 7 increased that average time to nearly an hour.
Prior to RE7, most time spent in VR, according to Sony, came from bit-sized play experiences. Part of RE7's success, Sony believes, comes from its genre.
"Different users enjoy different experiences, and it's hard to pinpoint a particular app or experience that is most popular, but we've found that certain genres work very well with VR, and horror is one example," the Sony spokesperson said. "When Resident Evil 7: Biohazard launched earlier this year, the average amount of time PSVR users spent playing doubled."
Minecraft Stranger Things Skin Pack Announced
The second season of Stranger Things debuts today, and to coincide with its release, Mojang has announced that a new skin pack based on the hit Netflix series is now available for Minecraft.
According to a post on the official Minecraft website, the new pack, which features a wide assortment of skins based on Stranger Things' cast of beloved characters, is available for download right now.
For a glimpse at the what's in store, check out the trailer below:
For our thoughts on the second season of the hit Netflix series, check out IGN's reviews of all nine episodes of Stranger Things: Season 2.
The Kingkiller Chronicle Series Finds a Home
The Kingkiller Chronicle TV series has landed a network after its announcement late last year.
Showtime announced it is developing the upcoming TV adaptation of author Patrick Rothfuss' best-selling fantasy trilogy of novels. The network did not announce a release date, though.
The show is set generations before the events of the trilogy's first novel, The Name of the Wind. As previously announced, Hamilton creator Lin-Manuel Miranda will executive produce the show and also compose the music.
The Purge 4 Is a Prequel, Sets Cast
The Purge 4 will serve as a prequel to the first film in the franchise.
Deadline reports the latest upcoming Purge movie will focus on the events that lead up to the very first Purge event, where all crime is legal for a 12-hour period. The Purge 4's cast has also reportedly been set.
The movie stars Steve Harris (The Practice), Patch Darragh (Boardwalk Empire), Mugga (Orange is the New Black), Mo McRae (Fox’s Pitch), Joivan Wade (Doctor Who), and Luna Lauren Velez (How To Get Away With Murder). They join previously announced actors Y’lan Noel (Insecure) and Lex Scott Davis (Training Day).
Here’s a Look at the Canned Resident Evil TV Series
A first piece of footage for the canceled Resident Evil TV series Arklay has surfaced.
Independent filmmaker Shawn Lebert and Mance Media announced a few years back they were working on a TV drama based on Resident Evil called Arklay. The story followed a detective named James Reinhardt who had to investigate multiple homicides in Raccoon City. However, Mance Media ended up passing on Arklay.
You can watch the proof-of-concept short film here, which was recently released by Lebert. All references to Resident Evil have been removed from the video, but it still sports the same moody and tense atmosphere the horror franchise is known for.
UK Daily Deals: SCDKey Halloween Sale Begins
Want IGN UK Deals in your social feeds? Like us on Facebook and follow me on Twitter for the most up-to-date bargains.
There are some great deals going on right now at SCDKey's Halloween sale. The two deals that have specifically caught my eyes are Middle Earth: Shadow of War (PC), which is £28.50 at SCDKey, but £29.99 at CDKeys. and Assassin's Creed: Origins (PC), which is £36.96 at SCDKey, but £38.99 at CDKeys - CDKeys are usually the cheapest when it comes to game keys.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds: “No Plans” For Campaign
Brendan Greene (aka PlayerUnknown) has ideas about the story and possible single player modes for Battlegrounds, but there are no plans to make them a reality.
Speaking to Gamespot, the creator of the phenomenally successful Battle Royale game explained that, earlier in development, he had come up with some backstory to why a hundred inappropriately dressed people would be air-dropped onto an island that makes big electric bubbles.
"Because of the lore of the island," he explained, "there was an idea that I had for what I thought would be a pretty cool single-player
Switch GameCube Controller Support “a Surprise” to Nintendo
Nintendo's update that enabled GameCube controller support on Switch appears to have been a happy accident, rather than a clue to anything more.
The recent 4.0.0 update enabled the Wii U GameCube adapter, and full controller support, which led some to believe a GameCube Virtual console library or new Smash Bros. announcement could be on the way.
However, speaking to Kotaku, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime explained that:

