Neverwinter Reportedly Set to Come to PS4
Dungeons & Dragons MMO Neverwinter is reportedly coming to PS4 at some stage in the future.
During a Wizards of the Coast livestream (via Dualshockers), associate brand manager Trevor Kidd said the free-to-play title, which is currently only available on Xbox One and PC, will be heading to PlayStation 4.
Up until now there's been no word on a PS4 version of the MMO. We've reached out to developer Cryptic Studios and publisher Perfect World to see if anything official is available. If the news does turn out to be true, Neverwinter will join the PS4's already impressive stable of MMOs, which includes DC Universe Online, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and The Elder Scrolls Online.
Ubisoft Sales Fall, PS4 its Most Popular Platform
Ubisoft has revealed its financials for the quarter ending June 30, reporting a 73 percent year-on-year decline in sales to €96.6 million.
While this exceeds the company's target of €80 million, it's still a big drop from last year's €360.1 million, which was hit largely thanks to Watch Dogs.
The French publisher is attributing the above-expectations results to a 59 percent increase in back-catalog sales, including a "better-than-expected performance" by Assassin's Creed Unity and "sustained demand" for Far Cry 4, The Crew and Watch Dogs. Digital revenues also totaled €54.1 million, which was 56 percent of total sales compared with only 23 percent a year ago.
In terms of sales by platform, 27 percent of the company's revenue came from PS4 titles. PC is in second place with 23 percent, which is quite a leap from the 14 percent it made up at the same time last year. The PS3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One are all responsible for around 11 percent of revenue, which is somewhat surprising. Finally, the Wii and Wii U make up 3 percent of sales - a small increase from last year's 2 percent.
Sherlock Teases Victorian Special
Sherlock executive producers Steven Moffat and Sue Vertue brought a very brief to show the breathless crowd in Comic-Con's Ballroom 20, and though it provided little information about the story viewers will see, it was certainly fun to see the characters that we've come to know as modern ones portrayed in the era that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle originally wrote them in. And while we still don't have an air date, Moffat did announce that the special would have a limited release in theaters, similar to the Dr. Who: Day of the Doctor screenings.
The Victorian special will be a standalone story with no connection to the modern-set series continuity. It will however be the versions of the characters that Moffat and his actors have created. Rupert Graves, the only actor in attendance, said it was fun to choose moth-eaten vintage clothing that suited his interpretation of Lestrade.
The First Ghostbusters Team Shot is Here
First we had a glimpse of Melissa McCarthy in her Ghostbusters uniform - now, here's a look at the assembled team.
A photo taken from the Ghostbusters reboot set shows Kristen Wiig, McCarthy, Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon decked out in their costumes - still sans proton packs, sadly.
Become a Zombie in Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Activision has today launched a new campaign via charity fundraising platform Omaze that will give Call of Duty fans a chance to be immortalised as a zombie in the upcoming Call of Duty: Black Ops III.
The campaign itself will raise money for the Call of Duty Endowment, a non-profit organisation geared around funding a network of other non-profits focussed on securing solid careers for veterans following their service. It’s aiming to place 25,000 veterans in jobs by the end of 2018.
Fans can enter the running to be zombified by donating $10 USD or more to the Call of Duty Endowment via Omaze. There are a range of bonuses on offer for larger donations, which will also glean you more chances to win. The winner will ultimately be flown to LA, all expenses paid, and reimagined as a zombie at Treyarch for an appearance in Call of Duty: Black Ops III DLC. He or she will also have lunch with Treyarch studio head Mark Lamia and receive a behind-the-scenes tour of the studio behind the game.
Xbox One Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Bundle Available for Pre-Order
An Xbox One Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Bundle featuring the HD upgrade of the Xbox 360 classic is now available for pre-order, Microsoft and The Coalition announced during a San Diego Comic-Con panel today.
The Ultimate Edition Bundle is available from select retailers, such as the Microsoft Store and Amazon, for a recommended retail price of $349 USD.
The bundle includes an Xbox One 500GB Console, wireless controller, digital game download of the game, early access to the Gears of War 4 multiplayer beta, the Superstar Cole multiplayer skin and a 14-day Xbox Live trial.
Officially announced during Microsoft's E3 2015 press conference, Ultimate Edition is also coming to PC and will run in 4K with DX12 support. The remastered game includes h 19 multiplayer maps and six game modes, along with five campaign chapters never released on Xbox.
Shatner Doesn’t Know if He’s in Star Trek 3
William Shatner says he doesn’t know if he’s in the currently shooting Star Trek Beyond, a.k.a. Star Trek 3, but he’s having a lot of fun wondering about it.
The icon was asked about the film during today’s The Autobiography of James T. Kirk panel at San Diego Comic-Con. The Shat was on hand to read excerpts from the book, which was written by Trek scribe David A. Goodman (who took the stage with Shatner) and chronicles the captain of the USS Enterprise’s life.
Snipes “In Talks” With Marvel About Blade Reboot
Wesley Snipes is "in talks" with Marvel about bringing Blade back to the big screen.
During our IGN Live interview with Snipes for his upcoming NBC show The Player, the actor said "Marvel and I have decided to have further conversations"
"It's a topic of conversation. It's inescapable. They have their agenda, we have ours, and we're both moving at an accelerated pace to create magic. We'll see if it all matches up. There's a strong possibility, but if not we have another project that's going to stand toe to toe with Blade."
Check out the full conversation below, beginning at approximately the four minute mark.
First Homeland: Season 5 Teaser
Check out the first teaser trailer for Season 5 of Showtime's Homeland, featuring Claire Danes' Carrie in a very different place in her life after a big time jump.
In a scene where Saul scolds her for being "naive and stupid," we see that Carrie has apparently left her old life behind. Plus, there are some quick moments of explosions and intrigue toward the end to let us know that Homeland still be Homeland'ing.
Matt Fowler is a writer for IGN. Follow him on Twitter at @TheMattFowler and Facebook at Facebook.com/Showrenity.
Steph Catley Will Feature on FIFA 16 Cover in Australia
Steph Catley has emerged as the winner of the Australian FIFA 16 cover athlete vote and will feature alongside EA’s global cover star Lionel Messi on the final cover down under.
Catley, 21, first represented Australia in 2012 and made her debut for the Matildas at the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup. The Australian women’s national soccer team recently became the first Australian team (men's or women's) to win a knockout stage match at a FIFA World Cup when they upset Brazil, defeating them 1-0.
Catley is currently completing a certificate in Personal Training and aspires to compete at the Olympics for Australia.


